Saturday, October 1, 2011

Keep your hands off our classics!

A brief Twitter exchange tonight with Ali Baumann aka @ABaumann really stopped me in my tracks. Is the entertainment industry so devoid of originality that it has to keep re-making the movies and music of the past? Why does Hollywood and to a lesser extent, the music industry, seem intent on trying to make the classics better? Do we really need to see a 2011 version of "It's a Wonderful Life"? Do we really need to hear a 2011 version of Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight"?

I really don't think we do. Hollywood, leave our classics alone!

I really have to give Ali the credit for this blog post.

Exhibit A:




Here is my list of 10 movies that should be "Off Limits":

  1. It's A Wonderful Life
  2. Casablanca
  3. Easy Rider
  4. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
  5. Blazing Saddles
  6. CaddyShack
  7. The Outlaw Josey Wales
  8. Blade Runner
  9. Full Metal Jacket
  10. Animal House
We've all got lists. What's in yours?

1 comment:

  1. If anyone touches the Ten Commandments I will have to cut a bitch.

    ReplyDelete