Happy Bodega! - 9/08/10


Happy Bodega! - 9/08/10, originally uploaded by TomRubin.
Day 249 of Project 365. While participating in the FIJI Hunt last month, I met Amanda Cavazos and she told me all about her new business - Happy Bodega. It's a brilliant idea, if you ask me. A wholesome food truck to serve the breakfast and lunch time crowds of Chicago...it just sounds like it would totally work. I told her I couldn't wait to try their food...

Flash forward to today (9/08). I'm at work, checking out Twitter when I see a tweet from @happybodega:
"First customer of the day! twitpic.com/2mfb90". I nearly choked on my coffee. I checked out the @happybodega twitter stream and I just had to smile. Amanda's dream was now reality. Obviously I had to reach out via Twitter to get the scoop and as luck would have it Happy Bodega's first day started about 4 or 5 blocks from my office.

I headed over to their location around 11:45 and by 12:15 I was back at my office, devouring a delicious Roast Beef sandwich! The food was delicious, the service was friendly and the truck is cool. Sounds like a winning combination to me!

If you are in Chicago, you need to check them out! You can find them on Facebook, Twitter and their website:

Happy Bodega Blog
Happy Bodega on Twitter
Happy Bodega Website
Happy Bodega on Facebook

Happy Bodega!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life update!

Empire Avenue?

I'm a Raiders fan...