Rained out - 7/07/10


Rained out - 7/07/10, originally uploaded by TomRubin.
Day 187 of Project 365. I had been looking forward to this day for almost a full week. I was able to score a ticket to see Rush perform at Northerly Island. Now some of you might be saying "Huh? Northerly WUT?"...but that's ok. There are a few people in Chicago that have never heard of Northerly Island. It used to be the home of Meigs Field until Mayor Daley decided to close the airport one evening in the name of domestic security. The space was reclaimed by the Chicago Park District and The Charter One Pavilion was opened in June of 2005. The Charter One Pavilion has been hosting prominent musical acts every summer since then.

It had been a few years since I've seen Rush and to say I was excited about the show was an understatement. After enjoying a wonderful PB&J with a side of celery sticks for dinner at Millennium Park, I headed over towards Northerly Island. I couldn't help but notice how dark the clouds were getting! Soon after the clouds, the lightning show started. Soon after that...the heavens opened up and a light drizzle quickly turned into a torrential downpour.

Luckily for me, I had my EVO 4G in a Zip Lock bag. By the time I made it to the venue, I was absolutely drenched. The only way I could have been any wetter was if I had jumped into Lake Michigan. Anyway, I found my seat and sat there wondering if the show would go on as planned. About an hour later the MC came on stage to announce the show had been canceled.

About 10 minutes after I left, on my walk back to the parking garage, the rain did let up. I was able to snap this picture standing between the Shedd Aquarium and the Field Museum.

Good times (not really).

Bonus Picture:

Rained out Part 2

Comments

  1. Pretty sky/skyline photos! Great colors.

    Sorry to hear about the Rush concert. Will they honor the tickets for another date? I can't help but to wonder if you act like the two guys in I Love You, Man when YOU see Rush in concert ;->

    Thanks for posting the pretty pictures, Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I always appreciate the comments.

    Yes, I heard this morning that the concert will be rescheduled for September.

    Ha!! I'll have to see the movie and then I'll let you know :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life update!

Empire Avenue?

I'm a Raiders fan...