Harold Baines - 6/08/10


Harold Baines - 6/08/10, originally uploaded by TomRubin.

Day 158 of Project 365. I had the good fortune to go to the White Sox game last night with a couple of new friends I met via Twitter. KellyMarie ( @girlinthecity ) knew I was a Sox fan and when Groupon had their Sox ticket special back in May, she contacted me about wanting tickets. In all, there were 5 of us. In addition to KellyMarie, I met Jen ( @AJRoxMyWhiteSox ) from Twitter too. KellyMarie also invited a friend from her college years - Derek & Derek's friend...Lisa...I believe. It was a great evening!

Well, a great evening except for one small little detail: I forgot to bring my glasses with me! Trying to watch the game without glasses gets to be pretty painful after about 2 innings. It was totally my fault, though...so I dealt with it.

During the break between the top and bottom half of the 8th inning, I got up to stretch my legs and as I walked past the bronze statue of Harold Baines, I knew I'd have to take a picture.

Harold was a fantastic player with the Sox and you can learn more about him here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life update!

I'm a Raiders fan...

Empire Avenue?