Dream Home - 5/05/10


Dream Home - 5/05/10, originally uploaded by TomRubin.

Day 124 of Project 365. I was walking back to work to pick up my backpack after the Cinco de Mayo event at the Superior House when I noticed this home across the street. Plopped in between the modern high rises, this gem really stands out. My mind thinks back about how things must have been back when this home was originally built.

How old is the house? How many rooms? I'll probably never know, but that's ok. It's good to see things out of the past in modern times. It's like a window to the way things used to be and I take comfort in that.

Comments

  1. Wow, that's great. It's still a residential home? That's incredible. I love great architecture and I'm a sucker for turrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have always wondered about this house. Once upon a time, when the zilla's dad and I were talking of buying in the city, that is the house I said I wanted. He countered with a lovely row house. I should have known we were doomed...;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life update!

Empire Avenue?

I'm a Raiders fan...