Sunday, April 11, 2010

Harmonica - 4/08/10


Harmonica - 4/08/10, originally uploaded by TomRubin.

Day 97 of Project 365. One of the dirty habits I picked up while in the Marine Corps was "playing" the harmonica. I bought my first one in Jacksonville North Carolina - it was a cheap Chinese-made Hohner 'Old Standby" in C. I played the hell of that thing. I took it everywhere, even on road trips. I even brought it with me when I went to the field. Due to the nature of what I did while in the Marines, I had a lot of solo time. Trust me, when you are in a government van driving alone through Iowa at 2 in the morning, a cup of coffee and a harmonica can really keep you awake. Back in the day I could play it semi-decently.

The one in the picture is a newer one that I picked up a few years ago. I was intrigued by the real wood body. This one is made in Germany and it's also in a different key (D) than the original. I still have the original and it's seen better days. I still love the way it sounds too.

No comments:

Post a Comment