Goodbye, cable - 3/05/10


Goodbye, cable - 3/05/10, originally uploaded by TomRubin.

Day 63 of Project 365. After balancing my checkbook this morning and seeing that $133.00 monthly Comcast charge leering at me, mocking me, I finally said "ENOUGH!". In this economy, with as much as I watch television, it's a pretty extravagant expense.

So I gave it some thought. I have been watching a lot of Hulu lately. I know when Meg is over she is watching her shows in her bedroom on her PC. I think we can make due without cable TV.

I took a deep breath, picked up my iPhone and I called Comcast. About 10 minutes later, the deed was done. My cable TV service was canceled. My Comcast bill was slashed from $133 per month down to $57 per month! I feel pretty good about that and my bank account feels real good about that.

I'm a pretty tech savvy guy. I did some digging around in my parts closet and sure enough, I had the cables. I wasn't sure how well, if at all, this would work...but it did. Actually, it works fabulously! My laptop is now hooked up to my HDTV and as today's picture shows...Hulu looks pretty damned good. Bye bye, outrageous Comcast bill. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out :)

Comments

  1. I did the same with RCN. I knocked my bill from $127 to $47. $37 for internet alone, $10 more to keep the cable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Dennis...I just fake it real well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I'm hearing that from more and more people. I'm thinking I should have done this sooner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life update!

I'm a Raiders fan...

Empire Avenue?