Hot air popcorn - 2/05/10


Hot air popcorn - 2/05/10, originally uploaded by TomRubin.
Day 36 of Project 365. Lately my Twitter stream has been overtaken by tweets and re-tweets about Garrett Popcorn. If you've ever had Garrett Popcorn, you'd know this is a good thing - Garrett Popcorn is simply delicious!

I tried as hard as I could to make it into one of their fine stores this week but the forces of the universe conspired against me. No Garrett Popcorn for Tom and after reading all the tweets about super awesome popcorn, I was feeling a bit dejected. Dejected with a hunger for super awesome popcorn.

Next week, I won't be denied...but next week is next week and I wanted delicious popcorn tonight. What to do? Well, I'll tell you. I fired up my West Bend Buttery II hot air popcorn popper and I got busy! Back in 1986 I got this marvelous machine for a Christmas gift and it still works. Maybe it's Swiss made? I don't know. But I do know that four minutes later, my hot popcorn was done. Sure, It's not Garrett Popcorn but it will do...with a pinch of salt ;) Follow Garrett Popcorn on Twitter and visit their website Garrett Popcorn but only if you love super awesome popcorn.

So next week, me and Garrett Popcorn have a date. And it shall be hot.

Pass the butter?

Comments

  1. I remember using a hot air popper when I was a kid. Or those foil poppers that looked like spaceships--Jiffy Pop, maybe? Though, I must admit, my absolute favorite way to make popcorn is on the stove top. I fear I am the last of a dying breed. It's all microwave popcorn now. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, we had that exact same popper when I was a kid! It worked wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karyn, I never eat the microwave stuff. My mom used to make Jiffy Pop though! Memories!!

    Jo, it's amazing how long those things last!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life update!

I'm a Raiders fan...

Empire Avenue?