Wednesday, February 17, 2010

3 Blind Moose - 2/17/10


3 Blind Moose - 2/17/10, originally uploaded by TomRubin.

Day 48 of Project 365. Back in the day when I used to drink, I loved finding wines that came in odd bottles or wines with odd names. One day I was out and about and I stumbled upon 3 blind moose. Yup, right there down the wine aisle. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was coming home with me. Because I'm classy, I like my wine the same way I love my women - ice cold. So after a day or two in the refrigerator, it was ready.

The wine was finished about 2 days after opening the bottle, but I just can't build up the nerve to throw the bottle out. I know I tend to be a sentimental fool, but this is a bit strange even by my standards. What can I say, I think the bottle is awesome. In case you were wondering, the wine was very good too.*

So now the empty bottle of 3 blind moose has a place of honor in my kitchen. Oh, did I mention that even the cork was cool?

*I am not a wine expert or snob. The wine was probably "ok" by an actual experts standard for good wine.

2 comments:

  1. You chilled a Merlot? I thought I was a pussy for only drinking 10 beers! :) When I worked in Maine 3 Blind Moose was the only wine you could fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Dennis, as I like to say "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

    So sue me! I used to like cold wine.

    p.s. I'm pretty sure you're still a pussy ;)

    ReplyDelete