Tim Brown - 1/09/10


Tim Brown - 1/09/10, originally uploaded by TomRubin.

Day 9 of Project 365. When you are a die-hard fan of a football team that's not in the playoffs, it can be hard to watch other teams take to the field in pursuit of that Super Bowl Trophy.

I am an Oakland Raiders fan. I bleed silver & black. I always have and I always will. I have Raiders jerseys, pajama pants, blankets...hell, I even have a Raiders tattoo. So you can probably imagine the joy I experienced a few years ago, when I went into a store that carried the Todd McFarlane sports figures and I saw the one for Tim Brown. Needless to say, I didn't leave the store without him.

Ever since, it has a place of honor on my bookshelf, forever watching the Raiders on TV just over my shoulder. Tim Brown is a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame this year and I'm hoping he makes it in.

I think it's time to put in my Raiders history DVD and reminisce about the old times...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life update!

Empire Avenue?

Keep your hands off our classics!