Friday, January 1, 2010

Project 365 & other stuff...

Happy New Year everyone!

After seeing a bunch of people starting up new Project 365 photo blogs, I figured I would give it a go. I plan to throw in a mixture of pictures from my day including stuff related to my running and working out as well as the occasional self portrait. I hope to make it fun. It will be interesting to see how much I will have changed over the next year. If you have not heard of Project 365 before, you can see a great example by my friend Christa at TheChrista.com.

On the running front, I plan on hitting the indoor track on Monday after work. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I'm really hoping that the pain in my left leg is completely gone. I think I've stayed off it long enough for it to have healed. I suppose we will find out on Monday!

Next weekend I plan on driving out to Naperville to check out the Vibram Five Fingers and I'm thinking the SPRINTS model would be the one for me. I've heard that because they are made in Europe the sizes will be a little off, so I think trying them on first is definitely the way to go.

In other news, I'm debating whether or not I should join CARA - Chicago Area Runners Association this year. I used to belong to it back in the early 2000's (wow, that doesn't sound too weird, does it?) and it was worth it back then. I'll have to talk to a couple of my Chicago area runner friends to see what they say.

I will post the first picture of my Project 365 in a few minutes.

That's it for now.

Keep running!

2 comments:

  1. So funny you should post this. Every year I have grand aspirations to do Project 365. I usually end up with weeks worth of photos on my camera which never quite make it to my blog or flickr (both riddled with dust and cobwebs from long-term neglect). Perhaps this will be the year the photos actually make the jump from hard drive to webdom. I've already snapped my first two pictures. We'll see how it goes...:)

    Looking forward to watching your year unfold. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty excited about it and I spent a lot of time yesterday getting ready. Finding iPhone apps to make it easier was a big part of that. I lucked out - there is a Flickr app as well as a Blogger app. Both pics have been taken and uploaded by iPhone into Flickr.

    Thanks for the comment! I hope this year of my pictures does not bore you to tears :p

    ReplyDelete