Chili's ready! - 1/10/10


Chili's ready! - 1/10/10, originally uploaded by TomRubin.

Day 10 of Project 365. People that know me, know I make chili. A lot of chili. It's one of my healthy staples. I've found that it's an excellent food for those that work out. It has a pretty close to perfect balance of carbs, fat, protein and fiber. Plus the way that I make it, it's low sodium as well. I make mine with cayenne pepper and studies have shown that pepper can help boost your metabolism. I tend to make it with different veggies and different types of meat every week so it's never quite the same.

A few of my ingredients from week to week: blackeyed peas, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, tomato sauce, onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, lean ground turkey or lean ground pork, pinto beans and or white beans and a secret ingredient.

On this cold, 10 degree Sunday...Chili...I salute you!

Comments

  1. I can vouge for this chili. It's excellent! Maybe I can bring in another tupperware container to get a serving again, Tom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! Of course you can. Bring it in on Tuesday and you'll have chili on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life update!

I'm a Raiders fan...

Empire Avenue?