Monday 10-26-09 run

It was a beautiful day in Chicago if you are a runner. The temperature was in the mid 50's and the sun was hidden behind the clouds. I actually snuck today's run in before the light rain arrived. The only bad thing about a day like today is that with the weather you are stuck with the "in betweens". By that I mean in between needing just a base layer or a base layer and an outer layer. Today I went with the base layer and outer layer. Good call over all as the wind was pretty active around noon. This is the last week of October and we've still got weather in the 50's. I'd better enjoy it while I can - November usually brings the cold with it.

Since this was Monday, I decided to keep things easy. The first mile was spent working on my form. Good, fluid form just makes running so much easier. By the end of the second mile, I was increasing my speed and I settled into a good rhythm. For me, that really gets things right for the rest of the runs for the week.

Miles 3 and 4 went by in no time at all and before I knew it I was finishing my run with a sprint from Michigan Avenue to Dearborn street. My cool down walk around the block ended just as the drizzle arrived. Perfect timing.

Tonight when I got home from work, I did 250 crunches and 4 sets of push ups. A productive day!

That's it for now. Keep running!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life update!

I'm a Raiders fan...

Empire Avenue?